Canton, Mass. — Baskin-Robbins, the world's largest chain of ice cream specialty shops, continues its aggressive expansion in Ontario, specifically in the Greater Toronto Area with the signing of 18 new store development agreements with six new and existing franchise groups.
The first Baskin-Robbins shop under these new agreements opened this summer. Currently, there are nearly 100 Baskin-Robbins locations throughout the Greater Toronto Area.
The franchisee groups and their development plans include:
- Sulman Muhammad, with more than 16 years of experience in retail management and new to the brand, plans to develop 11 Baskin-Robbins shops throughout the Greater Toronto Area.
- Existing franchisees Sunita Patel and Jayant (Jay) Patel have teamed up with new franchisees Vivek Patel, Rahulkumar Patel and Nimal Patel to open three shops in Burlington.
- Existing franchisee Imtisal Kiran signed a new development agreement to bring one Baskin-Robbins to the southwest area of Toronto in addition to her existing location at Humbertown Shopping Centre in Etobicoke.
- Qais Hakeemi signed a single unit agreement to bring one Baskin-Robbins shop to the town of Ajax.
- New franchisee Lori Malavolta, along with her husband Frank Malavolta, will be opening a new shop in LimeRidge Mall Hamilton, along with their Kernels Popcorn franchise in the mall.
- Lu Tian, along with her husband Mike Pomerleau, recently opened a combo Baskin-Robbins and Kernels Popcorn location within the Rideau Centre shopping mall in Ottawa.
"Our secret to continued growth includes passionate franchisees who provide a high-level of customer service to guests every day. We are thrilled that these new and existing franchisees will be expanding our brand in Canada," says Grant Benson, CFE, vice president of global franchising and business development, Dunkin' Brands."
Baskin-Robbins, which was founded in 1945 by two ice cream enthusiasts, today has more than 8,000 retail shops in 55 countries. Headquartered in Canton, Mass., Baskin-Robbins is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. family of companies. For more information, visit www.BaskinRobbins.com.