Chicago — Crate & Barrel Holdings Inc. (CBH) is advancing its sustainability commitments. The company’s goals focus on leading Crate & Barrel, CB2, Crate & Kids and Hudson Grace with corporate responsibility and responsible design.
“Our vision is to build a home with purpose in order to create happier and healthier communities for future generations. These goals represent our commitment to helping our people and the planet thrive while growing our business,” says Janet Hayes, CEO of Crate & Barrel Holdings. “This is just the beginning; we are on a journey driven by passion, transparency and accountability at every turn, to leave the world a better place than we found it.”
CBH has outlined seven core values that include substantive commitments in material sourcing, the use of recycled materials and circular solutions, transparency in supply chain, reducing emissions, uplifting employees, and providing transparency and security throughout the customer experience:
- Climate Neutrality: Setting climate targets and reducing our carbon footprint, from factories and facilities to the customer’s doorstep.
- Sustainable Materials: Using more sustainably sourced materials in our products, including FSC®-certified wood, preferred fibers and recycled packaging.
- Ethical Supply Chain: Engaging and supporting suppliers in continuous social and environmental improvement.
- Circular Solutions: Exploring ways to replace single-use consumption with circular projects, operations and products.
- Empowered Employees: Empowering teams throughout the organization to shape innovative sustainability programs and put them into practice.
- Conscious Customers: Simplifying the customer experience to promote responsible shopping with clear labeling, third-party verification and sustainable products.
- Digital Responsibility: Improving privacy, security and data collection while using tech solutions, such as remote meetings, to reduce emissions.
Known for high-quality products, exclusive designs and timeless style since 1962, Crate & Barrel Holdings Inc. includes lifestyle brands Crate & Barrel, CB2, Crate & Kids and Hudson Grace. Today, the company is a member of the Otto Group and operates over 100 Crate & Barrel, CB2 and Hudson Grace stores throughout the U.S. and Canada, with franchise locations in nine countries. For more information, visit www.crateandbarrel.com.
SOURCE: Crate and Barrel Holdings, Inc.