East Rutherford, N.J. — Hudson Group, a leader in North American travel retail, has won new business at Indianapolis International Airport (IND), bringing national brands and unique retail concepts to the Hoosier state. The 10-year contract, which is part of the airport’s concessions refresh program, includes nine stores and nearly 9,000 incremental square feet.
Hudson Group created the winning package with a wide selection of well-known travel convenience, luxury retail and specialty brands including FAO Schwarz, Hudson, Ink, Tech on the Go, Tumi, vineyard vines, as well as tailored local concepts, including Hoosier Crossing and Pitstop by Hudson.
“Hudson Group is dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences to our passengers, and with the Indianapolis International Airport’s recent top honors as best airport in North America, we knew that only the most unique and distinguished concepts would make the cut,” says Roger Fordyce, chief executive officer of Hudson Group. “We are pleased to partner with the Indianapolis Airport Authority to offer our customers a dynamic mix of excitement and world-class customer service, while delivering an authentic sense of place that is truly Indiana.”
Hudson Group’s new store concepts for Indianapolis include:
- Hoosier Crossing: A travel essentials and convenience store that caters to the ever changing needs of today’s customer, providing everything the traveler wants.
- Hudson: Hudson is North America’s largest travel essentials and convenience brand. Inspired by the iconic Hudson News brand, store offerings range from books, magazines, snacks and beverages, to travel and convenience necessities, tasteful local souvenirs and electronics.
- Pitstop by Hudson: The Indianapolis Motor Speedway-inspired travel convenience concept is designed and merchandised to delight shoppers by offering both the essentials they need as well as the treats they want, including Hudson Group’s proprietary Traveler’s Best fresh, grab-and-go food line. The store will reflect the local icon by using sleek auto racing finishes, an oval structure mirroring the track, and signage reminiscent of a back-lit leader board.
- FAO Schwarz: The world’s most famous, iconic toy store that has provided magical experiences for children for over 150 years. A unique and transformative retail experience with signature toys and items, as well as FAO Schweetz delicious treats and sweets.
- Ink: Hudson Group’s new contemporary bookstore built around a core offering of books, Ink by Hudson serves as a cultural hub to the airport community and features a curated assortment of bestsellers, small press titles, classics, prizewinners, local favorites and a unique selection of toys, stationery, fashion, artwork, travel essentials and indulgences.
- Tech on the Go: Tech on the Go is a visual and auditory experiential journey that will satisfy both the technophile and the tech-novice. The space will feature a live-gaming lounge.
- Tumi: The world’s leading international business, accessory and travel lifestyle brand.
- vineyard vines: Classic, yet contemporary, vineyard vines offers apparel and accessories for men and women.
Hudson Group, a Dufry Company and one of the largest travel retailers in North America, is anchored by its iconic Hudson, Hudson News and Hudson Bookseller brands and operates over 1,000 duty-paid and duty-free stores in 87 locations, including airports, commuter terminals, hotels and some of the most visited landmarks and tourist destinations in the world. For more information, visit www.hudsongroup.com and www.dufry.com.
HG IND Retailers JV is a partnership between Hudson Group and the certified Airport Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program (ACDBE) companies: EnRoute Spa and OHM Concession Group. The ACDBE program is administered by the FAA, state and local ACDBE certifying agencies and individual airports, and it is designed to help ensure that woman- and minority-owned companies can compete for airport concession opportunities.
SOURCE: Hudson Group