Dallas — MOOYAH Burgers, Fries & Shakes plans to provide its guests and franchise owners with a fresh and elevated dining experience. The “better burger” fast-casual franchise plans an interior and logo refresh that will roll out beginning in the first quarter of 2020. MOOYAH plans to open 14 new locations with the refreshed look next year; all existing locations will remodel by the end of 2024.
The new prototype and design come at a critical point for the brand, as the company is actively ramping up franchising efforts in new as well as existing markets across the U.S. MOOYAH plans to open 14 new locations in 2020, all of which will feature the updated design. Restaurants currently under construction in Hoover, Ala., and Orlando, Fla., will be the first to unveil the brand’s new design and are scheduled to open in February 2020.
“This new design and layout will take MOOYAH to the next level in terms of providing a differentiated experience that reduces friction for our guests and team members,” says Tony Darden, president of MOOYAH Burgers, Fries and Shakes. “The new MOOYAH provides a high-esteem experience, whether that be through dining in, to-go pickup or delivery. We are confident this elevated design positions us extremely well to achieve our short and long term growth strategies as we partner with existing as well as new franchise owners. We truly believe the alignment of design and experience with our second-to-none food quality gives us a competitive advantage across the industry.”
MOOYAH’s new design will include the following changes:
- New dining areas and seating arrangement: MOOYAH restaurants will now feature more community-minded seating areas with high-top tables. New buildouts will also showcase a flexible seating area where guests are able to move tables to accommodate larger parties, as well as a section of booth seating for guests who want to stay for an extended period of time. Additionally, a bench will be added near pickup order shelving so guests have a dedicated place to wait.
- Purposeful third-party and to-go pickup areas: In keeping up with consumer demand, MOOYAH will now provide a designated area for shelving that will hold pickup and to-go orders.
- Closing off the kitchen: Up until now, MOOYAH has featured open kitchens, but after gathering guest feedback and tapping into layout best practices, MOOYAH will now close off the kitchens to create an improved guest experience, focusing on dining room elements.
- Going digital: All locations moving forward will feature digital menu boards as well as back-of-house kitchen display systems to enhance throughput and accuracy.
- Logo refresh: MOOYAH is updating its logo to a more streamlined, modern application, which will begin rolling out systemwide in January along with the remodeled locations.
The remodel was visualized in collaboration with Livit, a Madrid-based company that has made a name for itself as a global expert in guest experience design. Livit’s research involved a full brand immersion which included dining at multiple MOOYAH locations, as well as at competitor restaurants. Livit worked closely with the MOOYAH leadership team to complete brand analysis, concept rebranding, concept design and the eventual prototype.
MOOYAH’s vice president of brand, Natalie Anderson Liu, says the restaurant refresh will be a gamechanger for the brand as the company works toward upgrading its entire system. In addition to the new locations that will be opening with the elevated design, the franchise will work with franchise owners to remodel 12 existing locations in 2020, and all existing locations will remodel to the new design by the end of 2024.
“We have come a long way since our founding in 2007, and we have always embraced change and adapted to our guests’ evolving needs,” says Anderson Liu. “Converting all locations to our new, modern design and service model is critical to realizing the additional sales and traffic it will bring.”
MOOYAH is actively targeting franchise markets such as Atlanta; Houston; Las Vegas; Phoenix; Tampa, Fla.; and Charlotte, N.C. For franchising opportunities, visit http://www.franchise.mooyah.com.
SOURCE: MOOYAH Burgers, Fries & Shakes