Seattle — Located at 225 West 57th St., near Columbus Circle in New York City, a 320,000-square-foot flagship store for Nordstrom will open on October 24, 2019. Developed by Extell Development Company and designed by Callison RTKL, the new Nordstrom NYC flagship will represent the biggest and best statement of the brand — and the largest single-project investment in Nordstrom history.
Situated directly opposite the Nordstrom Men’s Store, which opened in April 2018, customers will be able to shop 320,000 square feet of retail space located on seven levels: two below street level and five above.
To enhance the in-store experience, a range of unique services will connect the physical and digital:
- 24/7 Buy Online & Pick-Up in Store
- Nordstrom to You
- 24/7 Express Services
- Tailoring & Express Alterations
- 3-Hour Same Day Delivery
- Cell Phone Charging
- Express Return Kiosks
- Free Wi-Fi
- Personal Stylists
- Complimentary Gift Boxes
- Style Boards
In addition, Nordstrom is launching six unique food and beverage offerings within the flagship store. Celebrated Seattle-based chefs Ethan Stowell and Tom Douglas will be making their NYC debut with three distinct concepts. All restaurants will be owned and operated by Nordstrom.
- Wolf: Chef Stowell, a James Beard Award nominee and one of Food & Wine’sBest New Chefs in America, will open Wolf, which will offer Italian-inspired small plates in an ambiance that is both comfortable and refined. Wolf will be located on the third floor, overlooking West 57th Street and Broadway. Hours of operation will extend beyond store hours.
- Jeannie’s: ChefDouglas, a James Beard Award recipient for Best Chef Northwest and Best Restaurateur, will open Jeannie’s, a contemporary pizza, pasta and salad restaurant located on the lower level.
- Hani Pacific: Chef Douglas will also launch Hani Pacific, a modern Pacific Rim-inspired restaurant, next door to Jeannie’s on the lower level.
- Broadway Bar: An exclusive concept for Nordstrom NYC, Broadway Bar is an inventive cocktail bar and ideal meeting place for a drink and light bite.
- Bistro Verde: Located on the fifth floor, Bistro Verde is a family-friendly all-day destination. A patio will offer al fresco dining when it opens in 2020.
- Shoe Bar: The aptly named cocktail bar located on the shoe floor is a perfect spot to celebrate a purchase or refuel with a beverage or snack.
Designed in collaboration with James Carpenter Design Associates, the flagship store will create an experience that is responsive and reflective of customers. The iconic seven-level flagship store forms in the base of the “tallest residential building in the Western Hemisphere,” the store is one of the first new stores to open in Manhattan since the 1920s.The store will feature a stunning waveforms glass façade providing an interactive viewing experience for customers inside the store and for all from the street level. The façade will bring in natural light, connecting the shopping experience to the city. Chain-mail veils and lighting effects will allow the store to reflect the seasons and create changing moods to celebrate special events. Without boxed-in windows, the entire store is a display window to the street, with soaring 19-foot ceilings and an open, flexible floor plan.
Nordstrom, Inc. is a leading fashion retailer based in the U.S. Founded in 1901 as a shoe store in Seattle, today Nordstrom operates 381 stores in 40 states, including 119 full-line stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico; 248 Nordstrom Rack stores; three Jeffrey boutiques; two clearance stores; six Trunk Club clubhouses; and three Nordstrom Local service concepts.
SOURCE: Nordstrom, Inc.