Red Wing, Minn. — Red Wing Shoe Company, a global leader in the footwear industry for more than 110 years, has opened a flagship retail store in New York City. The company’s first permanent presence in Manhattan, open now, includes a tribute to the workers who helped build the city.
Located at 11 Penn Plaza in the heart of Midtown, the 3,300-square-foot store celebrates the company’s rich heritage and tradition of quality craftsmanship. In addition to selling Red Wing’s famed purpose-built work boots and stylish Heritage collection, the store also offers expert shoe-fitting and refurbishing services, along with experiential displays.
“Red Wing Shoes have been a mainstay on New York City job sites for more than a century, but until now we haven’t had a physical presence in Manhattan,” says Mark Urdahl, Red Wing’s chief executive officer. “We are excited to make it easier than ever for New York’s workers, residents and visitors to find the right product and services for their needs, whether it’s working on a construction site or commuting to the office.”
The new store offers a wide range of unique services and features, including:
- Ultimate Fit Experience: Customers can take advantage of Red Wing’s Ultimate Fit Experience with experts who can offer advice on the best size and fit for tailored needs, including highly specific work conditions and safety requirements.
- Boot repair and care bar: Red Wing boots can be reconditioned and repaired on-location while the customer watches. The company also plans for interactive demonstrations, providing tips on how to make a favorite pair of boots last season after season.
- Accessory selection: Red Wing’s new store offers a comprehensive collection of laces, inserts and socks to create a truly personalized, and comfortable, pair of boots.
- New York City Wall of Honor: The store offers a tribute to New York’s skilled laborers through an interactive installation of epic stories about the toughest jobs done in Red Wing boots. One memory, submitted by Chris Csoka, tells of his work cleaning up Ground Zero after 9/11 and how his Red Wing boots saved his life in an electrical explosion during recovery efforts. His work boots are on display in the store.
- Boot construction display: An interactive display showcases how Red Wing boots are made by following the company’s traditional step-by-step process — largely unchanged since its founding in 1905 — and highlights the many parts and pieces that contribute to its quality workmanship.
Red Wing believes that opening urban stores, such as the one in New York, is one of many ways that it will continue to achieve consistent growth. The company also recently launched Red Wing for Business, a digital footwear program that makes it easier for companies to offer Red Wing boots to their workers. With these advancements, and a strong pipeline of innovative products, the company is primed to retain its place as the top safety footwear brand for workers around the country
Red Wing Shoe Company Inc. is a global leader in the design, production and distribution of work, safety and lifestyle footwear and work apparel. Established in 1905 in Red Wing, Minn., today the privately held company’s family of brands includes Red Wing®, Irish Setter®, Vasque® hiking boots, WORX™ and S.B. Foot Tanning Company. Its brands are distributed to more than 110 countries in an immersive multichannel environment of 500+ Red Wing retail stores, third-party partners and owned e-commerce platforms. The Red Wing Shoe Company operates two U.S. manufacturing facilities in Red Wing and Potosi, Mo.
For more information, visit www.redwingshoes.com.
SOURCE: Red Wing Shoe Company