Chicago — General contractor Summit Design + Build, LLC recently completed the buildout of a luxury watch boutique and gallery at 11 E. Walton St. in Chicago for Burdeen’s Jewelry. Located within the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in the historic Gold Coast neighborhood, a well established shopping destination, the concept features three prestige international watch brands each with their own exclusive retail space all under one roof.
A trusted family jeweler and Chicago go-to for luxury pieces, and certified vendor, Burdeen’s Jewelry hosts A. Lange & Söhne, IWC Schaffhausen and Panerai at the 1,400-square-foot boutique.
In order to complete construction, Summit had to navigate tight logistical constraints, working adjacent to a luxury hotel in a small space without a loading dock or storage. In just under 3 months, the team coordinated and oversaw:
- the interior demolition of the existing retail space,
- installation of full MEP systems and an advanced security system,
- modification of the boutique entrances,
- fabrication and installation of custom millwork from three countries,
- installation of a 400-pound chandelier from Switzerland, and
- the setting of a 30,000-pound vault on an elevated slab which required structural work.
D+K Interiors Architects provided architectural services as the local, permitting architect for the project. Interior design of each boutique was handled by the brand’s internal design teams.
Burdeen’s officially opened the boutiques on July 5, 2019.
SOURCE: Summit Design + Build, LLC