Minneapolis — Target has decided on the location of its first 24 stores in Canada. As previously announced, Target plans to open 125 to 135 stores in Canada, most of which will open in 2013.
Minneapolis — Target Corporation has decided on the location of its first 24 stores in Canada. As previously announced, Target purchased the leasehold interests of 189 sites currently operated by Zellers Inc., and plans to open 125 to 135 stores in Canada, the majority of which will open in 2013.
Target plans to open stores in the following Ontario locations in March/early April 2013:
- London Westmount, Westmount Shopping Centre
- Kawartha Lakes, Lindsay Square Mall
- Newmarket, Upper Canada Mall
- Milton, Milton Mall Shopping Centre
- Cambridge, Cambridge Centre
- Toronto, Centrepoint Mall
- Mississauga, Square One Shopping Centre
- Ajax, Durham Centre
- Orillia, Orillia Square Mall
- Brampton, Shoppers World Brampton
- London, Masonville Place
- Windsor, Devonshire Mall
- Toronto, Cloverdale Mall
- Toronto, Shoppers World Danforth
- Burlington, Burlington Mall
- Toronto, East York Town Centre
- Aurora, Aurora Shopping Centre
- Fergus, Gates of Fergus
- Hamilton, Centre Mall
- Guelph, Stone Road Mall
- Burlington, Millcroft Centre
- Waterdown, Flamborough Power Centre
- Whitby, Taunton Road Power Centre
- Brampton, Trinity Common
Approximately $10 million to $11 million will be invested to remodel each facility in order to bring the full Target brand experience to Canadian communities. Each Target store in Canada will employ approximately 150 to 200 team members. Store team hiring will begin in 2012 and Target will engage with Zellers associates to make it easy for them to apply for jobs.
Target intends to announce additional store locations in the coming months.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation currently has 1,767 stores across the United States. The company plans to open its first stores in Canada in 2013.