Frederick, Md. — Roy Rogers® Restaurants has charged into 2020 with a new strategic growth plan aimed at improving performance at existing locations, attracting more high-caliber franchisees, and opening new restaurants in both traditional and non-traditional locations. The company also plans to debut a new corporately owned and operated restaurant this year but will focus on expanding its franchise network as a primary means of system growth. Its aggressive 5-year plan calls for signing three to five new multi-unit development agreements per year.
Initial recruiting efforts will target development in Maryland, Virginia, Delaware and Pennsylvania; the company plans to look farther south and west later this year.
“We’re very excited to be kicking off a renewed growth initiative with a revitalized concept,” says Jeremy Biser, executive vice president. “Over the past 24 months, we’ve put every aspect of our consumer and franchise offerings under the microscope to strengthen our system and have now plotted a strategic course to extend our brand’s reach around current markets and in new ones.”
Since celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2018, Roy Rogers has invested heavily in rebuilding every aspect of its business model in preparation for this new expansion initiative. Some of the enhancements the company has made include:
- appointing seasoned restaurant industry veterans including a new executive vice president, senior director of marketing, franchise business consultant, consumer care manager and senior manager of IT;
- launching delivery service with DoorDash;
- introducing a new store design;
- naming Singer EVI to improve service, reduce costs and optimize equipment packages for company and franchised locations; and
- reinvigorating its menu strategy.
Other enhancements, including overhauls of the brand’s technology systems and mobile app, are on the horizon.
Based in Frederick, Md., Roy Rogers® is a chain of western-themed quick-service restaurants founded in 1968. Today Roy Rogers has 24 company-owned restaurants and 24 franchise restaurants in six states. For more information, visit www.royrogersrestaurants.com.
SOURCE: Roy Rogers® Restaurants