Hoffman Estates, Ill. — Sears plans to open three new smaller format Home & Life stores in May. Located in Anchorage, Alaska; Lafayette, La.; and Overland Park, Kan. (pictured), the new Home & Life stores will offer appliances, mattresses, home services and connected home products. Store sizes will range from 10,000 square feet to 15,000 square feet.
The smaller format stores were developed based on insights from Sears Appliances & Mattresses stores that opened in 2017 in Ft. Collins, Colo; Pharr, Texas; Honolulu; and Camp Hill, Pa.
“The exciting new Sears Home & Life stores will carry power categories where Sears has a real strength: appliances, mattresses and our home services business,” says Peter Boutros, chief brand officer for Sears and Kmart and president of Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard brands. “This is part of our strategy to maintain a presence in markets where we have right-sized our footprint. Sears Home & Life supports our strategic plan to become a stronger, more profitable business and these test stores will enable us to learn and improve as we move forward.”
The Sears Home & Life stores will be dedicated to the following categories:
- Major appliances, including Kenmore® and other leading appliance brands, displayed in kitchen and laundry vignettes.
- Mattresses that members can try out from top brands, including: Tempur-Pedic®, Beautyrest, Sealy, Serta, Simmons and Stearns & Foster.
- Small kitchen appliances and an assortment of vacuums, floor care and home environment products.
- Connected Home Products: a curated assortment of smart products that are relevant to members, who also will be able to learn how to set up a smart home with reliable appliances that are compatible with Alexa and Google+.
Sears Home & Life stores will offer the power and capability of leading integrated retail services for which Sears is known, including:
- A “Welcome” Service Desk: Members can meet with Home & Life experts to explore how new appliances would look in a full-scale kitchen. Artwork and photos in the stores will include images of the local community.
- Sears Buy Online “Search Bar” Kiosk: Members will have access to the entire Sears ecosystem of products and services offered through the in-store “Search Bar” kiosk, where they will be assisted by a Home & Life expert. Their purchases can be picked up in store or delivered to their home.
- Free Store Pickup on any item purchased on sears.com: Merchandise can also be returned to these stores if purchased on sears.com.
- In-Vehicle Pickup: Customers can shop online or in the Sears app and select in-vehicle pickup. An email is sent when the item is ready, and the customer can park in a reserved spot at the store while an associate brings out his or her order in 5 minutes or less.
- Sears Home Services: This area will offer appliance repair, parts and accessories, as well as convenient solutions for members to shop replacement parts for any appliance. Members can also consult with experts about their Home Improvement needs and purchase products like windows, roofing, kitchen cabinets, countertops, flooring and more.
For more information, visit www.sears.com.