Bal Harbour, Fla. — With carefully considered planning, following CDC guidelines and in alignment with state and local officials, Bal Harbour Shops opened on May 18 with increased safety precautions to protect customers, retailers and employees.
In keeping with Miami-Dade County and Bal Harbour Village ordinances, retail stores and indoor restaurant seating occupancy will be limited to 50% and salons will limit occupancy to 25%.
“For over 55 years, Bal Harbour Shops has maintained an emotional connection with our customer and our community by enhancing the shopping experience. Making our open-air and unenclosed shopping center as safe, convenient and contactless as possible is our Number 1 priority at Bal Harbour Shops,” says Matthew Whitman Lazenby, CEO of Whitman Family Development.
For optimum convenience, the center will provide Retail To-Go curbside pickup for all retail purchases and provide curbside Restaurant Take-Out for all restaurants. With its open-air tropical setting, Bal Harbour Shops has a unique advantage during this unprecedented time. The center also will expand outdoor dining seating, utilizing its courtyards in compliance with social distancing standards.
Bal Harbour Shops’ Increased Safety Precautions:
- Face masks and daily temperature checks are required for all employees.
- Outdoor areas are required to practice social distancing.
- Face masks are required when social distancing is not possible and will be provided by Bal Harbour Shops as needed.
- Prior to opening each day, the Bal Harbour Shops maintenance team deep cleans, sanitizes and pressure washes all public areas.
- The housekeeping staff frequently cleans and disinfects all surfaces and high-frequency touchpoints in the common areas.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are readily available throughout the open-air shopping center.
- Encourage 6-feet social distancing practices, including the use of distancing markers and extra space between seating.
- Signage reminding shoppers and employees of safety precautions recommended by the CDC.
- Automatic touchless elevators traveling from Levels 1 through 3 inside of Bal Harbour Shops.
Opened in 1965 by retail visionary Stanley Whitman and still operated by his descendants today, the third-generation family-owned Bal Harbour Shops was the first all-luxury fashion center in America featuring high-end retailers in a tropical, open-air setting. The first to make lush landscaping a key part of the design, Bal Harbour Shops features tropical plants and orchids, waterfall features and koi ponds and a variety of palm trees for shade. For more information, visit https://www.balharbourshops.com/.
SOURCE: Bal Harbour Shops