Canton, Mass. — Dunkin’ continues to focus on growth and development efforts outside of the Northeast, recently signing six development agreements for nearly 20 new units in Colorado. Over the next few years, 15 Dunkin’ restaurants will be developed throughout the state, along with three multi-brand Dunkin’/Baskin-Robbins locations and one standalone Baskin-Robbins location.
These signings are part of Dunkin’s commitment to offer consumers increased accessibility to the brand with plans to add 1,000 net new restaurants in the U.S. by the end of 2020, with 90% of these openings outside of the Northeast. Currently, there are 40 Dunkin’ and 24 Baskin-Robbins restaurants located throughout Colorado.
The six franchise groups mentioned above and their development plans include:
- Longtime existing franchisee group Sizzling Donuts will develop seven Dunkin’ locations around Denver, with the first location slated to open in 2019.
- New franchisee group Avalanche Coffee, LLC signed a four-unit agreement to bring three Dunkin’ and one Dunkin’/Baskin-Robbins multi-brand location to Evergreen and areas further west towards the Rocky Mountains.
- Colorado Coffee Company, LLC, led by existing franchisee Josh Blanchard, has signed a four-unit agreement to open Dunkin’ locations throughout the Denver area.
- First Cup, LLC franchisee group, signed a two-unit agreement to bring one Dunkin’ and one Dunkin’/Baskin-Robbins multi-brand location to the city of Montrose and Grand Junction.
- Existing franchisee Douglas Redman will develop one Dunkin’/Baskin-Robbins multi-brand location in Denver.
- Existing Baskin-Robbins franchisee Andrea Jensen-Bunce of Colorado Cones, Inc. will open one additional Baskin-Robbins shop in Denver, projected to open in 2019.
“We are pleased to continue our expansion in Colorado with new and existing franchisees as we work towards our long term goal of having more than 18,000 Dunkin’ locations throughout the U.S,” says Grant Benson, CFE, senior vice president of franchising and development, Dunkin’ Brands.
Founded in 1950, Dunkin’ is a market leader in the hot regular/decaf/flavored coffee, iced regular/decaf/flavored coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. The company has more than 12,600 restaurants in 46 countries worldwide. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin’ is part of the Dunkin’ Brands Group, Inc. family of companies. For more information, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com.
Baskin-Robbins is the world’s largest chain of ice cream specialty shops with more than 8,000 retail shops in 55 countries worldwide. Baskin-Robbins was founded in 1945. Headquartered in Canton, Mass., Baskin-Robbins is part of the Dunkin’ Brands Group, Inc. family of companies. For more information, visit www.BaskinRobbins.com.
SOURCE: Dunkin’ Brands Group, Inc.