Dallas — The Professional Retail Store Maintenance Association (PRSM), a membership organization dedicated to retail, multi-site facilities management, has partnered with the Professional Facility Management Institute (ProFMI), the founding body and administrator of the ProFM credential. The partnership strengthens the PRSM facility management credential program.
After researching and vetting several Facilities Management certification programs, it was determined ProFM was the best choice for PRSM members as they continue efforts to elevate their industry knowledge and reinforce their credibility.
ProFM defines global FM standards and provides facility professionals with the knowledge and skills that have evolved beyond traditional FM responsibilities. The ProFM credential is:
- Relevant & Current: The ProFM Body of Knowledge is the basis of the ProFM credential, and the most current, relevant standard for facility professionals.
- Comprehensive: It teaches 19 functional knowledge areas and five cross-functional competencies that have never been combined into one credential program.
- Applicable: It enhances industry knowledge and builds practical skills to impact facility performance.
- Global: It reflects the globalization of the industry, including global ISO 41000 standards, the perspectives of international ProFMI Commission members, and input from 3,300 professionals in 93 countries.
- Independent: It was developed by facility professionals, for facility professionals. Respected FM industry thought leaders, employers, and professionals came together with the common goal of elevating and uniting the FM profession.
“ProFM is an excellent credential for PRSM Members because of its quality, relevancy and value,” says Bill Yanek, CEO, PRSM. “The credential is a great addition to the education and resources PRSM provides to help its members advance their careers.”
PRSM members are encouraged to earn the ProFM credential and will receive an exclusive 10% discount on the ProFM Credential Program.
PRSM Association is the leading membership organization for retail facilities and supplier professionals. PRSM was chartered in 1995 and has almost 1,000 member companies. For more information, visit www.prsm.com.
SOURCE: PRSM Association