Annapolis, Md. — Fort Worth, Texas-based Trademark Property Company, a mixed-use investor, developer and operator, has completed the initial renovation of Annapolis Town Center, a combined 2 million-square-foot mixed-use property located near the intersection of John Hanson Highway and West Street. These enhancements — such as additional green and community spaces — have driven leasing momentum, leading to 122,000 square feet of new leases with a mixture of retail, food and beverage, and fitness tenants.
“One of our guiding principles is to have vision and see beyond, and that is exactly the goal we set to meet at Annapolis Town Center,” says Terry Montesi, CEO of Trademark. “We have transformed this property through increased green space and improved walkability to be relevant longer term to the Annapolis community. These changes are just the beginning as we continue this forward momentum as a leading and highly amenitized mixed-use property.”
Designed to increase the property’s vitality, the renovations include a new community gathering area called the Green Village (pictured), which increases the community green space by 50%. This area now offers a new Boat House Pavilion, a performance stage, a seasonal outdoor ice-skating rink and comfortable seating around fire pits. Additionally, a new climate-controlled paseo provides better connectivity and walkability between the parking and retail areas. Rebranded signage and improved wayfinding throughout the property enhances the overall guest experience. Public art from various local artists adds color and life throughout the property.
These changes have led to increased leasing with several new tenants opening or signing leases since the redevelopment process began in late 2018. These tenants are on target to open by the end of 2022. The mix of new retail, restaurants and fitness tenants include:
- True Food Kitchen: healthy-inspired, eco-chic chain restaurant opened in July 2021.
- Tuscan Prime: a high-end Italian chophouse and dolce bar opened in January 2022.
- Warby Parker: the eyeglass store opened in June 2022.
- Life Time: the premier fitness brand is currently under construction.
- Williams Sonoma: high-end cookware, kitchen accessories & gourmet goods store is currently under construction.
- Pottery Barn: the upscale furniture and home store is currently under construction.
- GABBY Summer Classics Home: furniture designer and manufacturer showroom is currently under construction.
- Urbano Mexican Fare: a sophisticated environment of Tex-Mex, cocktails and design is currently under construction.
- Tempur Sealy: flagship sleep store opened in February 2019.
- VIBE: multi-use concert space offering music, drinks and live music is currently under construction.
“We collaborated closely with stakeholders and the community to determine what offerings would set Annapolis Town Center apart, and these additions and changes have brought leading retailers for an exciting tenant mix,” says Josh Galica, vice president of construction for Trademark. “This property provided a great framework, and we used our skills and experience to create an amazing development that will be part of the community for years to come.”
These new tenants bring Annapolis Town Center to 52 tenants, joining long-time retailers such as Anthropologie, Restoration Hardware and Paper Source with anchors Whole Foods Market and Target.
Trademark Property Company is a full-service real estate firm focused on investments, development and institutional services of retail, multifamily, office and mixed-use properties. For more information, visit www.trademarkproperty.com.
SOURCE: Trademark Property Company